Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Playing Bass Randomly in Chiang Mai

Hey there friends and family! I hope you are all doing very well at home.

Journal Entry - Thursday, October 25th, 2007:
Time: 1:30pm
I just got back from my nights journeys! Things went really well tonight. I started off the night by going to a little place called UN Irish Pub, I had a pot of tea and talked to the manager there, very nice fellow. After I started randomly walking the streets of Chiang Mai and eventually came across a little place near Daret's house (my place...right now). There was a guitar player playing along with a little beat machine, I bought a beer and sat down to watch. Then the power went out! Hahaha. The guitarist started talking to me and eventually, long story short, I ended up on bass once the power went back on! We jammed for a long time, it was quite fun. Then i played three songs on guitar; Blackbird, High and Dry and The Oak Tree. Once done I sat down at the bar to chat with the bar girl. We talked for a long time until a guy (must have been 30ish) sat down beside me to chat. Then a girl as well about a half hour later. From Scotland and Germany respectively. The bar girl, Yeing, once done her shift asked me to come to the disco bar with her, how could I say no to such a lovely young lady. On the way she kept telling me how very beautiful I was. Well she didn't say beautiful but I forget the word she used... it was one of similar meaning I assure you! The disco bar was very fun, we had a drink and talked the whole time. Good thing she can speak fairly good English. Thai girls seems to love white guys, you have to be very careful with what you get yourself into here. I think the main reason, besides our stunning good looks, is because if they marry us we are able to bring them back to Canada, America, England, wherever. She told me to come visit her tomorrow during her shift, 1-10pm. I said yes, so I probably will. Being alone made all of tonight happen. If I were with any other person I wouldn't be able to do what I did tonight. People don't approach you when your in a group, when alone it is very easy. I'm excited to travel alone.

That was my night yesterday. Good all around!
Bye everyone. post comments cause I love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Nipon said...

Matt.
I didnt know that you are so egotistical of ur looks just like ur brother. Ur mom will start worrying now that u hang out with a Thai lady. Hahaha.
My colleague's name is (call her) "Pee Nai". Her home phone number is 490365 (in chiang Mai) not sure if her cell is still 081-2894850. During the day call 944109 ask for "pee nai kij-ja-karn-nuk-suk-sa". There are former students too but I have to find numbers. Dont forget to go around, not just only bars.

Nipon said...

One more thing, funny how your blog are in Thais in my home computer....