Friday, October 26, 2007

Thai Cooking School

Hey all!
Today I went to a cooking school with two girls that I met from England. It started at 9:30 with about 10 other people that joined us. We began the day with a tour of the local market. I saw all sorts of weird veggies and stuff, things I've never seen before in my life! We then took off to the teachers house to do some actual cooking. We got to choose from quite a lot of dishes that we wanted to prepare and learn about, everyone can pick what they want. I started off with making Coconut Milk Soup, sooo good, and I don't even like coconuts at all! I then made a dish called Cashew Nut Chicken, also amazing. After I made a Green Curry with Chicken dish (Mom, you would LOVE this, and you will love it when I cook it for you when I get home!). Then we all helped out in making spring rolls and some other app's. Then we all pretty much learned how to make Pad Thai, it was some of the best stuff I've had in all of Thailand so far. We prepped all the food, cooked it all ourselves and everything! It was quite the experience. The best part was that I got to take a recipe book of ALL the recipes (even the ones I didn't choose to cook) home with me. I'm very excited to make all of these dishes when I get home. It should be quite fun, not to mention tasty beyond belief!
Here are some pictures of the day:











5 comments:

Mark said...

That is AWESOME! What's in the last picture?

The only problem with cooking that stuff when you come home is that I don't think that Mom will allow flames like that in her kitchen. Jen and I will though, so you'll have to come and cook in our kitchen. (We have to disconnect the smoke detector pretty much every time we cook anyway.)

Matt Ward said...

that last picture is a phad thai omelette. you cook the noodles and veg first then dump the egg in the pan like that and put the noodles inside the egg, fold it over, and there you go!

Cliff said...

Hi Matt Great pics Sounds and looks like your having a great time Don't eat too much. luv you

Unknown said...

Hi Matt..sounds like you are having a wonderful time and the food looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Try this website.
www.thaifoodtonight.com
It's got about 30 recipes each one with a cooking video to go along
It's like an online Thai cooking school