Sunday, November 4, 2007

Traditional Thai Massage

I just got back from my first Thai massage. I paid 150B for one hour of sweet ligament stretching, bone cracking and muscle... massaging. The lady put soothing music on in the background to set the mood just right, I then lay down on my back and she spent about 15 minutes on each leg. The pressing her thumbs deep into the muscles made me laugh at times, wince at others but it generally felt amazing. She hooked her foot under my leg then pressed with her other foot, my leg the meat in the sandwich of her feet. She then spent about 5 minutes on each arm, using similar procedures. She cracked each finger and massaged them. She then got to my back, which is pretty much always a mess of knots and tense muscles. Her thumbs pressing hard into the sweet spots, it hurt a lot but the pain was definitely worth it. She then twisted and contorted me till I cracked and was stretched in every single part of my body. I couldn't be more relaxed right now...

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.